Here are my favorite things about autumn, in reverse order; you gotta save the best for last.
10. Hot drinks. Hot chocolate, tea, and coffee simply taste better when it's a little chilly outside.
9. Wearing warm pajamas
Isn't this picture hilarious? Can you imagine buying his 'n' hers matching footie pajamas?
8. Thanksgiving. A holiday dedicated to eating ... I mean, to being thankful for all we have: yes please!
6. Pulling my cool-weather clothes from the closet: those cozy long-sleeved shirts, fabulous scarves, adorable jackets, and fashionable close-toed shoes.
3. The fact that Christmas is just around the corner.
2. The weather. (Now, admittedly, since I'm in Alabama, the weather really is nice. If I lived in Minnesota or Canada, I'd probably be miserable). I can't say how much I love that crispness, the coolness, the drop in humidity, that little bit of cold.
1. The leaves. Oh, I love the leaves. They are so beautiful. Literally, when I'm driving down certain roads and on the freeway, I say (repeatedly) "Oh my gosh, that's so beautiful." (The kids started tuning me out after the first eight times I said it). I love the red maple leaves. There are lots of maples around here, and they are, quite simply, gorgeous. There are several oak trees, and their leaves get yellow. I love to see them changing. The colors are so, so beautiful.