I don't love being stuck in the house. I get stir-crazy and impatient with the kids. I often can't think of what to do to keep them entertained. A lot of these require supervision and/or a lot of clean up, but they're fun. I've been working on this list for awhile, and I'm finally typing it up for you. Feel free to add to the list if you have any brilliant ideas.1. Make playdough and then play with it. Try some of these recipes. One is even edible!
2. Clean out the sink. Then dump a bag of dry beans or noodles in there. Give the kids some spoons, ladles, and measuring cups. They can "cook," and all the beans are contained in the sink.
3. Can bowling: get a bunch of cans out of the pantry. Set up 3 in a tower formation. Use a heavy can to "bowl" over the tower formation.
4. Mix corn starch and water. It makes a funny-feeling dough that's fun to play with.
5. Get the kids naked and put them in the bathtub. Smear shaving cream all over the side of the tub and let 'em go nuts. Turn on the shower to clean them off.
6. Look through family photos.
7. Play computer games. I love this website; it has a ton of games for many ages, and they are always adding new ones on there. This one is also good for ages 1-3.
8. Write and illustrate a story together.
9. Turn on some music and have a dance party.
10. Build towers. You can use blocks, Legos, cans, whatever.
11. Get out some pots, pans, bowls, spoons, and spices. Pretend to add spices and make a soup.
12. Make and eat cookies.
13. Call the grandparents. Let the kids talk on the phone as long as they want while you check your email!
14. Blow up a balloon and play balloon volleyball.
15. Make sandwiches. Set a sheet out on the floor and have an indoor picnic.
16. Color in coloring books.