Thursday, August 28, 2008

In the land of the free, the home of the brave / August 27, 2008

We're back in the flatlands, the land of pick up trucks, the land of Sonic and Taco Bueno, the land of accents and southern belles, the land of heat and humidity: the land of Texas. The more I've been here, the more I find out how Californian I've become! It's terrible. I do love California weather.
The kids were AMAZING on the flight. It was Benji's first time in an airplane. He slept all the way up and all the way down and wasn't very fussy mid-flight either. It was incredible. And Ethan played with the buttons for the lights, was kept entertained by Chad, and watched "The Backyardigans" on Chad's laptop till the battery died. He did great too. I was so proud of my children. BTW, moms, when your kids are well-behaved in public, don't you just feel bursting with pride, and aren't you almost offended that not everyone around you says, "Oh my, your children are so well-behaved. What a good mother you are"? I get that way. Maybe that makes me weird. But at least I can admit it.
Anyway, we're now in the Fort Worth area, visiting Chad's family. We've been here since Tuesday and will stay till Monday.

No comments: